WIN A FREE TICKET TO
MAX MARTIN HITS DECONSTRUCTED!
Techniques and Trends Behind a Decade of Max Martin Hits
Saturday, July 31st | 12PM - 3:30PM ET | Online
A Special Edition Masterclass On Max Martin Hits!
Join us for this live online masterclass where we take a deep dive into the melody and hook-writing techniques behind one of the most prolific hitmakers of all time, Max Martin.
From Britney to Ariana, Justin T to Justin B and beyond, Max Martin has crafted countless chart-topping hits for A-list artists for over two decades.
With a focus on his Hot 100 Top 10 hits going back to 2010 and using the Hit Songs Deconstructed methodology, this masterclass will pull back the curtain on his most effective techniques used to hook the listener in, leave them wanting more, and MAXimize the most important section in any mainstream hit, the chorus.
Throughout the masterclass, we’ll be covering an array of topics, including:
- Melodic math and K.I.S.S. ME melodies (Keep It Simple, Singable and Memorable)
- Strategic hook creation and placement
- Hook foreshadowing and creative reinforcement (knowing the chorus before you hear it)
- Chorus melody-writing and arrangement
- An array of intro and outro techniques to hook the listener in and leave them wanting more
- And much more!
By attending this masterclass, you’ll gain unique insight into how his songwriting has evolved over the years and come away with an array of tools and techniques that you can immediately start using to help take your songs from good to great.
Your registration includes:
- The live masterclass with plenty of time for your questions
- The masterclass presentation deck
- The video of the masterclass, which will be made available following the masterclass
- Proprietary Hit Songs Deconstructed materials to assess your songs and optimize them for commercial success
- Access to HSD-Connect, the Hit Songs Deconstructed private, invitation-only community and network, where you can connect with past and present masterclass participants
Limited seats available.
Due to the intimate nature of this masterclass, there are limited seats available on a first-come first-served basis.
Your Masterclass Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
What knowledge of songwriting and music theory do I need to understand what is being taught?
A solid foundation in the basic craft of songwriting and music theory is highly recommended.
Who is this meant for?
Songwriters, producers, instrumentalists and A&R/Music Industry Professionals who have the goal of being involved in today’s mainstream music scene.
What is the basis for the material covered?
We will focus on the songs that land in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, because they are the most successful.
How will the material be conveyed?
The presentation will feature a combination of audio examples, graphs, charts, and commentary to illustrate principals and techniques
Will the video of the live masterclass be available after the conclusion of the masterclass?
Yes, the video is posted to the masterclass portal after the masterclass concludes.
Will Max Martin be at the masterclass?
No. The masterclass will deconstruct the techniques found in Max Martin’s Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 hits from the last decade (2010-2021).
What People Are Saying About Hit Songs Deconstructed Workshops