Unparalleled insight into the craft and trends behind today's hit songs.
Utilized by songwriters, producers, publishers, labels, and other music industry professionals, our proprietary data and analysis help subscribers hone their craft, make strategic songwriting and production decisions, spot trends, benchmark songs, and stay ahead of the curve in a fast-changing musical landscape.
Songwriters, composers, engineers, and producers are utilizing Hit Songs Deconstructed to:
- Hone their craft by studying proven current hits.
- Continually update their toolbox with the latest writing and production techniques being used in today’s hits as they become available.
- Understand WHY today’s hits connect with such a wide audience.
- Gain insight into how to successfully channel unique creativity into commercially viable songs.
- Develop an instinctual approach to writing songs for mainstream success.
- Make more targeted pitches to music libraries and production houses who are looking for current sounding music and/or sound-alike’s for spots.
- Give themselves an edge in a very competitive music industry.
Music industry professionals, such as publishers, labels, music libraries, production houses are using Hit Songs Deconstructed to:
- Make informed decisions in a fast-paced musical landscape.
- Stay ahead of the curve by spotting current, evolving, and waning trends.
- Supplement sales, streaming, engagement, and radio airplay data with insight into the compositional trends behind those numbers.
- Gain insight into what current hit songs have in common – and what is setting them apart.
- Identify the key ingredients that are making current chart-topping songs “tick.”
- Improve communication between creative executives / A&R’s and writers.
- Quantify gut feelings for hit songwriting trends with factual data.
- Benchmark new songs and artists against those with a proven track record.
Sign up to receive the HSD Wire, it’s FREE!
The HSD Wire
Exclusive monthly content from Hit Songs Deconstructed.
What People Are Saying About Hit Songs Deconstructed
About Hit Songs Deconstructed
Hit Songs Deconstructed Reports
Presented in a practical manner through a combination of charts, graphs, notation and commentary, the reader comes away with a full understanding of the what, how and why behind how the hit was written and produced, and gains a wealth of songwriting and production techniques to add to their toolbox. Among the many areas covered are song structure, energy, genres and influences, instruments and accompaniment, harmony, vocal production and melody, lyrics, rhymes, narrative, Top 10 benchmarking and more.
Readers can study the entire report, or hone in on one particular area of interest, such as vocal melody, across multiple reports.
IMMERSION Searchable Database
IMMERSION provides users with the ability to search for songs based on criteria such as compositional characteristics and production techniques using filters such as date range, peak chart position, and genre, to name a few. It also offers the ability to search for artist and songwriter performance and view compositional and industry trends quarter over quarter and year over year. Results are displayed as charts, tables, line graphs and bar graphs with data points linking to the songs behind the trend. Each song is clickable as well, and takes the reader to an abridged deconstruction detailing the song’s key characteristics.
The Top 10 Trend Report
The trend report is visualized with interactive trend graphs and provides the option of viewing them as line graphs, which show the evolution of each trend across a specified four-quarter time-period, or as bar graphs, which provide a trend snapshot for a specific quarter. Each data point is clickable and shows the songs behind the trends. Each song is clickable as well, and takes the reader to an abridged deconstruction detailing the song’s key characteristics.
At the beginning of every quarter, Hit Songs Deconstructed offers a trend brief, a concise, data-driven webinar offering a snapshot of the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 songwriting and industry trends.Trends are visualized by both line graphs, which show the evolution of each trend over the past year, and bar graphs, which provide a trend snapshot for the quarter.
Using the Hit Songs Deconstructed methodology, this workshop takes a deep dive into the songwriting and production techniques being utilized in the songs that land in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, with a special focus on Max Martin hits. By attending this workshop you will further develop your critical listening skills and take your craft to the next level.