Hit Songs Deconstructed empowers music business professionals through cutting-edge tools and unparalleled insight into the craft and trends behind today’s hits.
Some of today’s most successful songwriters, producers, publishers and labels use Hit Songs Deconstructed on a day-to-day basis to stay informed, hone their craft and make strategic songwriting, production and business decisions.
A Hit Songs Deconstructed subscription includes:
• A fully interactive database housing the compositional characteristics for the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10. Stay in tune with the latest songwriting trends through interactive trend searches, find songs with very specific characteristics, and compare song architecture across songwriters, artists, producers and record labels.
• A searchable archive of hit songwriting techniques culled from today’s biggest hits including an array of techniques to hook the listener in and leave them wanting more.
• A searchable archive of hit songwriting techniques culled from today’s biggest hits, including hooks, chorus vocal structure, genre and influence fusion, duet structure, hooking the listener in, and much more.
• Quarterly trend reports that keep you informed in a fast-changing musical landscape.
What People Are Saying
Songwriters, composers, engineers, and producers are utilizing Hit Songs Deconstructed to:
- Hone their craft by studying proven current hits.
- Continually update their toolbox with the latest writing and production techniques being used in today’s hits as they become available.
- Understand WHY today’s hits connect with such a wide audience.
- Gain insight into how to successfully channel unique creativity into commercially viable songs.
- Develop an instinctual approach to writing songs for mainstream success.
- Make more targeted pitches to music libraries and production houses who are looking for current sounding music and/or sound-alike’s for spots.
- Give themselves an edge in a very competitive music industry.
Music industry professionals, such as publishers, labels, music libraries, production houses are using Hit Songs Deconstructed to:
- Make informed decisions in a fast-paced musical landscape.
- Stay ahead of the curve by spotting current, evolving, and waning trends.
- Supplement sales, streaming, engagement, and radio airplay data with insight into the compositional trends behind those numbers.
- Gain insight into what current hit songs have in common – and what is setting them apart.
- Identify the key ingredients that are making current chart-topping songs “tick.”
- Improve communication between creative executives / A&R’s and writers.
- Quantify gut feelings for hit songwriting trends with factual data.
- Benchmark new songs and artists against those with a proven track record.