Lock in these savings today!
Save $75 on PRO and $150 on PREMIERE
Use discount code "PRO75" or "PREMIERE150".
(Offer expires Friday, September 7th)
Hit Songs Deconstructed empowers you with actionable data and analysis that can't be found anywhere else, helping you to hone your craft and stay ahead of the curve in a fast-changing musical landscape.
About Hit Songs Deconstructed
A PRO Subscription Includes:
- Bi-Monthly Hit Song Deconstructed Reports
- Bi-Monthly Hit Song Deconstructed Videos
- Hit Song Deconstructed Report Archive
- Quarterly Trend Reports
- IMMERSION Searchable Database
- 20% off virtual workshops
A PREMIERE Subscription Includes:
- Everything a PRO Subscription includes
- Complimentary access to Hit Songs Deconstructed Virtual Workshops (value of $349 per workshop).
- A Quarterly Trend Brief (exclusive to PREMIERE subscribers)
- One complimentary Benchmark Report of your song (value of $99)
The Hit Song Deconstructed Report:
The Inner-Workings of Hit Songs
Our flagship report, The Hit Song Deconstructed Report provides unparalleled insight into the inner-workings of a current chart-topping hit. Leaving no stone unturned, you will learn what makes the song so effective and come away with an array of tools and techniques to help you channel your unique creativity for success.
Each report includes a combination of commentary, charts, graphs, and notation. Among the many areas covered are song structure, energy, genres and influences, instruments and accompaniment, harmony, vocal production and melody, lyrics, rhymes, narrative, Top 10 benchmarking and more.
Each report also features a companion downloadable Logic PRO X Project with the correct meter, tempo and song arrangement displayed as empty MIDI regions for each instrument.
The IMMERSION Searchable Database:
Analytics You Won't Find Anywhere Else
Updated weekly as songs enter the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10, this robust, fully interactive database houses proprietary data for the compositional characteristics of those songs, as well as related industry data for songwriters, artists, producers and record labels.
Searches include the ability to search for compositional and industry trends, find songs with very specific compositional characteristics, and compare compositional characteristics across songs, songwriters, artists, producers, and record labels.
Every song in the database includes a dedicated page detailing its key compositional characteristics related to genres and influences, lead vocal, lyrics and song structure, as well as other useful information such chart position, links to lyrics, the official video and more.
Hit Song Deconstructed Videos:
A Section-by-Section Walkthrough, from Intro to Outro
These videos take you on a section-by-section walkthrough – from intro to outro – of the songwriting and production techniques used to craft a chart-topping hit.
Videos are led by Hit Songs Deconstructed co-founder, David Penn, they are approximately one hour long, and each section is visualized with its arrangement in Logic Pro X.
The Quarterly Trend Report:
A Snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 Trends
Published on a quarterly basis, this report delivers a concise, data-driven snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 compositional and industry trends.
Among the many topics covered are compositional trends such as genres, influences, instruments, tempo, key and song structure characteristics. On the industry side, we cover an array of artist, writer and label trends such as chart performance (staying power, placement, and prominence), single artist vs. featured artists, songwriter/artist collaborations and more.
How will you benefit from a subscription?
Hit Songs Deconstructed helps you understand today's mainstream music scene at the compositional level. It provides you with cutting-edge tools to make informed songwriting, production and business decisions armed with actual hit songwriting analytics.
Songwriters, producers, and engineers use HSD to:
- Channel unique artistic vision to connect with the widest possible audience
- Stay on the cutting edge with the latest songwriting and production techniques
- Get through the door – and stay in the door – with publishers and labels
- Develop an instinctual approach to writing songs for mainstream success
- Stay current and relevant in a fast-changing musical landscape
Publishers, labels, music libraries, and production houses use HSD to:
- Gain a broader and deeper understanding today’s mainstream music landscape
- Stay ahead of the curve by spotting current, evolving and waning trends
- Supplement sales, streaming, engagement, and radio airplay data with insight into the compositional trends behind those numbers
- Maximize communication between A&R, Creative Execs, Artists, Writers and Producers
- Quantify “gut feeling” with factual data