Empower Yourself with Cutting-Edge Tools that Keep You In Tune with the Craft and Trends Driving Today’s Hits
Hit Song Compositional Analytics | Songwriting & Production Techniques | Songwriting Trends
A PRO Subscription Includes
- The IMMERSION Database: Updated weekly as songs enter the Hot 100 Top 10, this robust, fully interactive database gives you the ability to search for songwriting trends, compare compositional characteristics across songs, songwriters, artists, producers, and record labels, and find songs that have specific compositional characteristics
- A Searchable Archive of Hit Songwriting Techniques: This archive, culled from today’s biggest hits, include examples of an array of hook techniques, genre fusion techniques, duet structure techniques, and much more.
- Bi-Monthly Hit Song Deconstructed Reports: These in-depth reports provide unparalleled insight into the songwriting and production techniques used to craft a specific current chart-topping hit.
- Bi-Monthly Hit Song Deconstructed Videos: These narrated videos take you on a section-by-section walkthrough – from intro to outro – of the songwriting and production techniques used to craft a chart-topping hit.
- Quarterly Trend Reports: A data-driven snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 compositional and industry trends
A PREMIERE subscription also includes:
- Complimentary access to our flagship workshop: Writing & Producing with a Hit Song Mentality (value of $349 each). Twice a year, Hit Songs Deconstructed runs its signature workshop, Writing & Producing with a Hit Song Mentality. This intensive two-day, 6-hour workshop will transform the way you approach your craft and is designed to help you immediately take your craft to the next level, connect with a wider audience, capitalize on trends, and channel your creativity for commercial success.
- Complimentary access to all on-demand videos. You’ll have access to our quarterly trend briefs and unlimited access to workshop video segments.
Hit Songs Deconstructed helps you identify what today’s hits have in common, what’s helping them stand out, which compositional trends are on the rise, which are in decline, the songwriting and production techniques being used in today’s most successful songs, and more!
- Spot current, evolving, and waning trends.
- Hone your craft by studying proven current hits.
- Stay on top of latest writing and production techniques.
- Understand WHY today’s hits connect with such a wide audience.
- Channel unique creativity into commercially viable songs.
- Make more targeted pitches to music libraries and production houses who are looking for current sounding music and/or sound-alikes for spots.
- Select a single
- Weave emerging trends into the final mix just prior to a song’s release
- Identify ways to increase a song’s cross-over potential
- Quantify gut feelings for trends with factual data.
- Improve communication between creative executives / A&R’s and writers.
- Benchmark new songs and artists against those with a proven track record.
- Stay ahead of the curve, as the sounds shaping today’s hits continuously evolve
The IMMERSION Searchable Database:
Analytics You Won't Find Anywhere Else
IMMERSION is a fully interactive database housing proprietary data not available anywhere else for the the songs that land in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
Updated weekly as songs enter the top 10, this robust database gives you the ability to search for songwriting trends, compare compositional characteristics across songs, songwriters, artists, producers, and record labels, and find songs that have specific compositional characteristics.
The Hit Song Deconstructed Report:
The Inner-Workings of Hit Songs
Presented through a combination of commentary, charts, graphs, and notation, these reports provide unparalleled insight into the inner-workings of a current chart-topping song and analyze the songwriting and production techniques that helped make the song a hit. Among the many areas covered are song structure, energy, genres and influences, instruments and accompaniment, harmony, vocal production and melody, lyrics, rhymes, narrative, Top 10 benchmarking and more.
Quarterly Trend Brief:
A snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 Trends
Published on a quarterly basis, this report delivers a concise, data-driven snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 compositional and industry trends.
Among the many topics covered are compositional trends such as genres, influences, instruments, tempo, key and song structure characteristics. On the industry side, we cover an array of artist, writer and label trends such as chart performance (staying power, placement, and prominence), single artist vs. featured artists, songwriter/artist collaborations and more.
Hit Song Deconstructed Videos:
Narrated and Visualized in Logic Pro X
These videos take you on a section-by-section walkthrough – from intro to outro – of the songwriting and production techniques used to craft a chart-topping hit.
Videos are led by Hit Songs Deconstructed co-founder, David Penn, they are approximately one hour long, and each section is visualized with its arrangement in Logic Pro X.
Hit Songwriting Technique Archive:
Hooks, Genre Fusion, Duet Structure, and More
This archive, culled from today’s biggest hits, include examples of an array of hook techniques, techniques to hook the listener in and leave them wanting more, genre fusion techniques, duet structure techniques, and much more.