Powerful Analytics for Today's Music Industry Professional.
Hit Songs Deconstructed helps you understand today's mainstream music scene at the compositional level. It provides you with cutting-edge tools to make informed songwriting, production and business decisions armed with actual hit songwriting analytics.
The IMMERSION Searchable Database:
Analytics You Can't Get Anywhere Else
IMMERSION is a fully interactive database housing proprietary data not available anywhere else for the the songs that land in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
Every song in the database includes a dedicated section detailing their key compositional characteristics related to genres and influences, lead vocal, lyrics and song structure, as well as other useful information such chart position, links to lyrics, the official video and more.
In addition, the database houses industry data related to those songs, focusing on songwriters, artists, record labels, producers, and more.
This combination of compositional and industry data is unique, and our advanced search functionality allows users to create custom searches that offer an insightful and distinct perspective of the hit song landscape.
The Hit Song Deconstructed Report:
The Inner-Workings of Hit Songs
Our flagship report, it provides unparalleled insight into the inner-workings of a current chart-topping hit.
Presented through a combination of commentary, charts, graphs, and notation, these reports analyze the songwriting and production techniques that helped make the song a hit. Among the many areas covered are song structure, energy, genres and influences, instruments and accompaniment, harmony, vocal production and melody, lyrics, rhymes, narrative, Top 10 benchmarking and more.
Quarterly Trend Brief:
A snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 Trends
This report keeps you in tune with the current hit song landscape with a concise, data-driven snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 compositional and industry trends for the previous quarter and year.
Among the many topics covered are compositional trends such as genres, influences, instruments, tempo, key and song structure characteristics. On the industry side, we cover an array of artist, writer and label trends such as chart performance (staying power, placement, and prominence), single artist vs. featured artists, songwriter/artist collaborations and more.
Songwriters, composers, engineers, and producers use HSD to:
- Hone their craft by studying proven current hits.
- Stay on top of latest writing and production techniques.
- Understand WHY today’s hits connect with such a wide audience.
- Channel unique creativity into commercially viable songs.
- Make more targeted pitches to music libraries and production houses who are looking for current sounding music and/or sound-alikes for spots.
Publishers, labels, music libraries, and production houses use HSD to:
- Spot current, evolving, and waning trends.
- Quantify gut feelings for trends with factual data.
- Supplement sales, streaming, engagement, and radio airplay data with insight into the compositional trends behind those numbers.
- Improve communication between creative executives / A&R’s and writers.
- Benchmark new songs and artists against those with a proven track record.
- Make informed business decisions in a fast-changing musical landscape.