ASCAP Members Get 3 Months of FREE Access
and 25% Off Individual Subscriptions and Workshops!
Empowering music creators around the world through unparalleled insight into the craft and trends behind today’s hits.
Many of today’s most successful songwriters, producers, publishers and labels use Hit Songs Deconstructed on a day-to-day basis to stay informed, hone their craft and make strategic songwriting, production and business decisions.
With your complimentary subscription you will gain access to:
• A fully interactive database of compositional characteristics for the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10. Here you can track compositional trends over time, research songs with specific attributes, compare characteristics across songs, songwriters, artists, producers and record labels, and much more.
• A library of Hit Songs Deconstructed song reports and videos that offer detailed insight into the songwriting and production techniques used to craft today’s biggest hits.
• Quarterly trend reports providing a data-driven snapshot of Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 compositional and industry trends.
Powerful tools that work hand-in-hand with your creative process while keeping you in tune with current songwriting trends.
Songwriters, composers, engineers, and producers use HSD to:
- Hone their craft by studying proven current hits.
- Continually update their toolbox with the latest writing and production techniques being used in today’s hits as they become available.
- Understand WHY today’s hits connect with such a wide audience.
- Gain insight into how to successfully channel unique creativity into commercially viable songs.
- Develop an instinctual approach to writing songs for mainstream success.
- Make more targeted pitches to music libraries and production houses who are looking for current sounding music and/or sound-alike’s for spots.
- Give themselves an edge in a very competitive music industry.
Publishers, labels, music libraries, and production houses use HSD to:
- Make informed decisions in a fast-changing musical landscape.
- Stay ahead of the curve by spotting current, evolving, and waning trends.
- Supplement sales, streaming, engagement, and radio airplay data with insight into the compositional trends behind those numbers.
- Gain insight into what current hit songs have in common – and what is setting them apart.
- Identify the key ingredients that are making current chart-topping songs “tick.”
- Improve communication between creative executives / A&R’s and writers.
- Quantify gut feelings for hit songwriting trends with factual data.
- Benchmark new songs and artists against those with a proven track record.