Welcome to the Hit Songs Deconstructed website, operated by HSD Media Group LLC (hereinafter, “we” and “us”) and located at http://www.hitsongsdeconstructed.com and its related subdomains, including http://immersion.hitsongsdeconstructed.com and http://reports.hitsongsdeconstructed.com (collectively, the “Site”). This Privacy Statement outlines the information (“personal data”) we may collect from visitors to the Site (“you”) and how we may use that personal data. It also outlines the methods by which we and our service providers may monitor your online behavior in order to deliver customized advertisements and marketing materials and other tailored services. This Privacy Statement does not address or govern any information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to personal data collected from you other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data online from visitors in this age group.
If you have any questions concerning this Privacy Statement, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our principal business activities are:
- Publishing. We provide a range of products focused on songwriting and the music industry.
- Consulting. We provide a range of services for songwriters and the music industry.
- Organizing. We organize seminars, conferences, training courses, and exhibitions for the songwriting and music industry.
Our address is: 1123 Broadway, Suite 518 New York, NY 10010 USA
Our primary goal in collecting personal data from you is to give you an enjoyable customized experience whilst allowing us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs.
1. Types of Personal Data Held and its UseWe collect personal data through the Site, such as your name, job title, work and home address, telephone number, and email address in order to register you for access to certain content and subscriptions. This information may be supplemented with demographic information from your use of the Site, such as your postal area, purchasing preferences, and interests. This information is used to administer and deliver to you the products and services you have requested, to operate the Site efficiently and improve our service to you, and to retain records of our business transactions and communications.
This information may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfill our obligations to you;
- to improve the efficiency, quality and design of the Site and our services;
- to see which articles, features, and services are most read and used;
- to track compliance with our terms and conditions of use, including to ensure that you are acting within the scope of your user license;
- for marketing and advertising purposes (See below for more details on advertising);
- to protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations; and
- to enable our journalists to contact and interact with you online in connection with any content you may post to the Site.
3. Marketing and AdvertisingSome of your personal data collected through the Site may be used by us, our affiliates, and our third party service providers to contact you by email, fax, telephone and post for sending information or promotional material on our products and services, and those of our affiliates and our trusted partners. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications (See below for more details on your ability to opt out of these communications). Some of your personal data may also be collected and processed with the intention of selling it to other organizations, but this will not be done unless you have given your consent (separately to this Privacy Statement).
Interest based advertisements on the Site are provided by our advertising partners (including DoubleClick by Google). Our advertising partners will serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on certain information about your visit to this Site and other websites. This information is collected and used, without reference to other data which could identify you in the real world, in that it does not include your name, street address, email address, or telephone number. Please note that, to collect this information for advertising purposes, our advertising provider may need to place a cookie on your computer (See below for more details on cookies).
4. CookiesThe Site utilizes Internet cookies and other identifiers or methods of web analysis (such as Google Analytics) to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. Cookies are either used only during your session (“temporary” or “session state” cookies) or stored on your computer’s hard drive (“permanent” cookies). Temporary cookies are a mechanism for maintaining continuity between pages during your visit to the Site. These cookies are maintained in your browser’s active memory and are terminated at the conclusion of the Site visit. Permanent cookies are used to recall on subsequent visits your login information and your agreement to our terms and conditions.
If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your information being used in this way, most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. We do not override these settings or options and encourage you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, cookies are integral to the functioning of all the Sites. In order to access certain content, features, services, products or benefits on the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information such as your email, your address, and your phone number. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Site or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products or benefits of the Site. If you are within a corporate environment your systems administrator may have set the preferences for you, in which case their assistance in changing the settings will be required.
5. Consents and Opting OutWhen you subscribe to a free or paid product on our site, you are automatically opting in to receive:
- The HSD Wire, report email notifications, new product email notifications, and other email notifications; and
- Periodic information and offers via e-mail from our carefully-selected partners.
You may opt out from communications by:
- Unsubscribing from email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email;
- Sending us an email at email@example.com; or
- Calling customer service at 212.671.2308.
6. Disclosure to Third PartiesExcept as specifically set forth herein, any personal data that you provide to us through the Site will not be disclosed to other third party entities not affiliated with us. Your personal data, whether personally identifying or not, may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which we enter or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by us, in our sole judgment, that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property. Your personal data, whether personally identifying or not, may also be provided to third parties that contracts with us to provide products, information, or other services that we believe you may be interested in obtaining. While we may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which we disclose personal data is under an obligation to use that personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which we exercise no control and we are is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties. In addition, some aspects of the Site make use of message boards, blogs, and other facilities for user generated content. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
8. Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal DataWe are committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, or alteration. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features described above to try to prevent unauthorized access. We have implemented information security policies, rules, and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorized access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorized modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
9. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal DataUpon your request, we will provide you with a summary of any personal data retained by us that has been voluntarily provided by you through email, contact forms, or other online avenues. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting us as set forth above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided by you through email, contact forms, or other online avenues, prospectively retained by us or used by us for secondary purposes, by contacting us as set forth above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of web browser used to visit the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description hereunder.
10. California ResidentsCalifornia Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us as set forth above.
11. Changes to This Privacy StatementWe are committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, or alteration. We reserve the right at any time to modify, alter or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.