Join us for this live online masterclass where we take a deep dive into the melody and hook-writing techniques behind one of the most prolific hitmakers of all time, Max Martin.
From Britney to Ariana, Justin T to Justin B and beyond, Max Martin has crafted countless chart-topping hits for A-list artists for over two decades.
With a focus on his Hot 100 Top 10 hits from the past 10 years and using the Hit Songs Deconstructed methodology, this masterclass will pull back the curtain on his most effective techniques used to hook the listener in, leave them wanting more, and MAXimize the most important section in any mainstream hit, the chorus.
Throughout the masterclass, we’ll be covering an array of topics, including:
- Melodic math and K.I.S.S. ME melodies (Keep It Simple, Singable and Memorable)
- Strategic hook creation and placement
- Hook foreshadowing and creative reinforcement (knowing the chorus before you hear it)
- Chorus melody-writing and arrangement
- An array of intro and outro techniques to hook the listener in and leave them wanting more
- And much more!
By attending this masterclass, you’ll gain unique insight into how his songwriting has evolved over the years and come away with an array of tools and techniques that you can immediately start using to help take your songs from good to great.
Your registration includes:
- The live masterclass with plenty of time for your questions
- The masterclass presentation deck
- The video of the masterclass, which will be made available following the masterclass
- Proprietary Hit Songs Deconstructed materials to assess your songs and optimize them for commercial success
- Access to HSD-Connect, the Hit Songs Deconstructed private, invitation-only community and network, where you can connect with past and present masterclass participants
*Dates are subject to change.
Limited seats available.
Due to the intimate nature of this masterclass, there are limited seats available on a first-come first-served basis.
Hit Songs Deconstructed PRO Subscribers get 15% off this event. PREMIER subscribers receive complimentary admission.
Your Masterclass Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need advanced knowledge of music theory to understand what is being taught?
While a basic understanding of music is highly recommended, you do not need advanced music theory knowledge in order to attend.
What level of songwriting knowledge do I need?
A solid foundation in the basic craft of songwriting is strongly recommended.
Who is this meant for?
Songwriters, producers, instrumentalists and A&R/Music Industry Professionals who have the goal of being involved in today’s mainstream music scene.
What is the basis for the material covered?
We will focus on Max Martin’s Hot 100 Top 10 hits from the last decade.
How will the material be conveyed?
The presentation will feature a combination of audio examples, graphs, charts, and commentary to illustrate principals and techniques
Will the video of the live masterclass be available after the conclusion of the masterclass?
Yes, the video is posted to the masterclass portal after the masterclass concludes.
Will Max Martin be at the masterclass?
No. The masterclass will deconstruct the techniques found in Max Martin’s Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 hits from the last decade.
What People Are Saying About Hit Songs Deconstructed Workshops