DECODING HIT SONG PRODUCTION
Get Inside the Hit Song Matrix
and Discover the Patterns and Science Behind Today's Hits
Saturday, May 15th| 11AM - 2PM ET| Online
What People Are Saying About Hit Songs Deconstructed Masterclasses
Today’s hitmakers understand that
great music is made where art and science meet.
That’s why they combine their unique creativity with tried and true techniques for arranging their songs, composing earworm melodies, and writing lyrics that connect with widespread audiences.
If you want to compete at the highest levels, you need start using them too.
Sometimes you just can’t get a song out of your head…
want to know why?
Do you want to better understand how today's hitmakers approach song production and mixing?
Join us for this one-of-a-kind, hands-on, interactive workshop, where we pull back the curtain on the science and patterns behind today’s hit vocal melodies and the vocal delivery techniques that bring them to life!
If so, join us for this masterclass where we David Penn and special guest, Grammy-winning, multi-platinum producer and engineer, Prince Charles Alexander, pull back the curtain on the science and patterns behind how today's hits are methodically produced and mixed.
In a live Pro Tools session, we'll take a deep dive into two recent hit song case studies to explore the methodical production techniques that made them so effective. You'll gain rare insight into the producer/engineer thought process and come away with an array of proven techniques geared to help your songs compete on the hit song stage.
This masterclass will cover:
• Selecting appropriate reverbs, delays and effects
• Balancing elements in the mix for a cohesive, professional sound
• Current production, mixing and editing techniques being used in today’s biggest hits
• Techniques for selecting and layering sounds for a full, well-rounded production
• And more!
Following the workshop, you will receive proprietary Hit Songs Deconstructed materials that will help you evaluate your melodies and apply the concepts and techniques learned to your own songs.
How will you benefit from this masterclass?
By attending this workshop, you will gain access to new tools that you can IMMEDIATELY START USING to take your music to the next level and channel your creativity into songs that can compete on the hit song stage.
You'll walk away with:
• A new lens through which to understand how today’s hits are strategically produced and mixed to heighten the listener’s emotional connection with a song
• A toolbox of proven techniques that will help take your song production to the next level
• Unique insight into the producer/engineer mindset and the thought process that goes into making production, editing and mixing decisions
• Proprietary Hit Songs Deconstructed materials that will help you objectively assess your music and prime them for maximum impact.
Decoding Hit Song Production is for you if:
• You want to compete at the highest levels and attain continued commercial success
• You want new tools to evaluate your songs' strengths and weaknesses and help prime them for maximum impact
• You are ready to take the leap and combine your unique creativity with a little bit of science
Guest Speaker: Prince Charles Alexander
Grammy winning, multi-platinum music producer, mixing engineer and professor at Berklee College of Music
Prince Charles Alexander is a Grammy winning, multi-platinum music producer, mixing engineer and professor at Berklee College of Music. At Berklee, he created the Commercial Record Production minor curriculum for the Music Production and Engineering major, co-authored the Vocal Production course and authored the Commercial Vocal Production graduate course for Berklee Online. From 2005 to 2014 he also taught at NYU’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music.
Prince Charles’ client list includes Mary J. Blige, Sting, Destiny’s Child, Aretha Franklin, the Notorious BIG, J Lo and Diddy. But, his most recent successes are those of his former students, including two that are currently garnering huge success as artists in the music industry, Charlie Puth and Maggie Rogers.
Your Host: David Penn
Co-Founder, Hit Songs Deconstructed