Saturday, October 16th | 11AM - 2:30PM | A Live Online Masterclass
Join us for this one-of-a-kind, hands-on, interactive workshop, where we pull back the curtain on the science and patterns behind today’s hit melodies and hooks and the delivery techniques that bring them to life!
Using the Hit Songs Deconstructed Five Pillars of Hit Song Melody and Hooks and an array of current hit song case studies, this masterclass will provide you with unique insight and proven vocal melody and delivery techniques to channel your creativity into songs that can compete at the highest levels.
This masterclass will cover:
- Writing singable and infectious melodies
- Turning infectious melodies into standout vocal and instrumental hooks
- Strategically arranging melodies within and across sections
- Using compelling vocal delivery techniques to make your melodies stand out and shine
- Making your songs more memorable through the use of motifs and hook foreshadowing
- And much more!
Unlike most other masterclasses that are pre-recorded, this unique, hands-on, interactive masterclass is live, with plenty of time for your questions and discussions.
Following the workshop, you will receive proprietary Hit Songs Deconstructed materials that will help you evaluate your melodies and apply the concepts and techniques learned to your own songs.
How will you benefit from this masterclass?
By attending this workshop, you will gain access to new tools that you can IMMEDIATELY START USING to take your music to the next level and channel your creativity into songs that can compete on the hit song stage.
You’ll walk away with:
- A new awareness of the melodic patterns that shape today’s biggest hits
- A new approach to your writing process that combines your unique creativity with a methodical approach to maximize the impact of your songs
- A new toolbox of proven techniques that will help take your melodies the next level
- Materials that will allow you to quickly and decisively evaluate your melody’s strengths and weaknesses
Your masterclass registration includes:
- The live masterclass with plenty of time for your questions
- The masterclass presentation deck
- Access to HSD-Connect, the Hit Songs Deconstructed private, invitation-only community and network, where you can connect with past and present masterclass participants.
- The video of the masterclass, which will be made available following the masterclass
Due to the intimate nature of this masterclass, there are limited seats available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Testimonials from Past Masterclass Participants
Your Masterclass Instructor
Co-Founder, Hit Songs Deconstructed
David is a recognized expert in the craft and trends behind hit songs and has been featured by Billboard, Variety, Music Week, Canadian Musician Radio, BMI, Financial Times, and the Economist, to name a few. He also regularly guest lectures at top universities such as Berklee College of Music, NYU, and Frost School of Music, as well as at industry events such as Music Biz, DIY Musician Conference and others.
A music connoisseur of all time periods and genres, he is a “go-to” consultant for songwriters, producers, publishers and labels.
Decoding Hooks is for you if:
• You want to compete at the highest levels and attain continued commercial success
• You want new tools to evaluate your songs' strengths and weaknesses and help prime them for maximum impact
• You are ready to take the leap and combine your unique creativity with a little bit of science
By applying the techniques you learn during this masterclass to your music, you will take your writing and producing skills to the next level, regardless of the genre you’re working in.
What knowledge of songwriting and music theory do I need to understand what is being taught?
A solid foundation in the basic craft of songwriting and music theory is highly recommended.
Who is this meant for?
Songwriters, producers, instrumentalists and A&R/Music Industry Professionals who have the goal of being involved in today’s mainstream music scene.
What is the basis for the material covered?
We will focus on recent Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 hits.
How will the material be conveyed?
The presentation will feature a combination of audio examples, graphs, charts, commentary, and Logic Pro sessions to illustrate principals and techniques
Will the video of the live masterclass be available after the conclusion of the masterclass?
Yes, the video is posted to the masterclass portal after the masterclass concludes.