Saturday, October 30th | 11AM - 2:30PM | A Live Online Masterclass
Join us for this masterclass where we pull back the curtain on the science and patterns behind today's hit song lyrics and rhymes, and the techniques that bring them to life!
While a stellar melody is an incredibly important component of any pop hit, it’s only half of the equation when it comes to hit song vocals. Without an intriguing narrative, engaging lyrics and a methodically structured rhyme scheme, a song will never realize its full potential.
Using the Hit Songs Deconstructed methodology, the Five Pillars of Hit Song Lyrics, and an array of in-depth case studies, this masterclass will provide you with unique insight into how today’s hitmakers lyrically craft their songs.
This masterclass will cover:
- Creating a strategically structured narrative designed to keep the listener engaged from start to finish
- Heightening memorability through methodically structured rhyme schemes
- Bolstering the impact of your storyline through the use of the A.I.D.E. principle (action, imagery, detail, emotion)
- The strategic use of attention-grabbing opening lines, clever lyricism and nonsense lyrics to take engagement to the next level
- Writing lyrics that connect with both your target audience AND the artist
- And much more!
How will you benefit from this masterclass?
This masterclass will provide you with a new lens through which to objectively assess your lyrics and rhymes for maximum impact, techniques to write lyrics that connect and resonate with your target audiences, and tools to channel your creativity into songs that can compete at the highest levels.
At the end of this masterclass, you will walk away with:
- Unique insight into the lyrical patterns that shape today’s biggest hits
- A toolbox of proven techniques that will help take your lyric writing to the next level
- A new approach to your writing process that combines your unique creativity with a methodical approach to maximize the impact of your songs
- Templates of Hit Songs Deconstructed’s tried and true Narrative and Rhyme Tables that will allow you to quickly and decisively evaluate your lyrics’ strengths and weaknesses through an objective lens
Decoding Hit Song Lyrics & Rhymes is for you if:
- You want to compete at the highest levels and attain continued commercial success
- You want new tools to evaluate your songs’ lyrics strengths and weaknesses and help prime them for maximum impact
- You are ready to take the leap and combine your unique creativity with a little bit of science
Your masterclass registration includes:
- The live masterclass with plenty of time for your questions
- The masterclass presentation deck
- Access to HSD-Connect, the Hit Songs Deconstructed private, invitation-only community and network, where you can connect with past and present masterclass participants.
- The video of the masterclass, which will be made available following the masterclass
Testimonials from Past Masterclass Participants
Your Masterclass Instructor
Co-Founder, Hit Songs Deconstructed
David is a recognized expert in the craft and trends behind hit songs and has been featured by Billboard, Variety, Music Week, Canadian Musician Radio, BMI, Financial Times, and the Economist, to name a few. He also regularly guest lectures at top universities such as Berklee College of Music, NYU, and Frost School of Music, as well as at industry events such as Music Biz, DIY Musician Conference and others.
A music connoisseur of all time periods and genres, he is a “go-to” consultant for songwriters, producers, publishers and labels.
Decoding Hooks is for you if:
• You want to compete at the highest levels and attain continued commercial success
• You want new tools to evaluate your songs' strengths and weaknesses and help prime them for maximum impact
• You are ready to take the leap and combine your unique creativity with a little bit of science
By applying the techniques you learn during this masterclass to your music, you will take your writing and producing skills to the next level, regardless of the genre you’re working in.
What knowledge of songwriting and music theory do I need to understand what is being taught?
A solid foundation in the basic craft of songwriting and music theory is highly recommended.
Who is this meant for?
Songwriters, producers, instrumentalists and A&R/Music Industry Professionals who have the goal of being involved in today’s mainstream music scene.
What is the basis for the material covered?
We will focus on recent Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 hits.
How will the material be conveyed?
The presentation will feature a combination of audio examples, graphs, charts, commentary, and Logic Pro sessions to illustrate principals and techniques
Will the video of the live masterclass be available after the conclusion of the masterclass?
Yes, the video is posted to the masterclass portal after the masterclass concludes.