LIVE, VIRTUAL, INTERACTIVE: WORLDWIDE ATTENDENCE
Take a deep dive into the trends and techniques behind today's hit songs, with a special focus on Max Martin!
As a songwriter, producer, creative or A&R involved in today’s rapidly evolving music scene, it is of the utmost importance to understand both the craft and trends behind today’s hit songs.
This intensive webinar will get you writing, producing, and thinking with a hit song mentality.
Using the Hit Songs Deconstructed methodology, you will gain insight into the what, how and why behind the songs that land in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, with a special focus on Max Martin hits.
The songwriting and production techniques covered will be conveyed in a practical manner through a combination of charts, graphs, notation, commentary, and of course lots of listening. Advanced knowledge of music theory is not required, however, a basic understanding of songwriting is highly recommended. At the conclusion of each segment, there will be ample time for your questions.
By attending this webinar you will develop your critical listening skills and attain a deeper understanding of the trends and techniques relative to today’s hits in order to take your craft to the next level.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"I’ve come away with a really solid understanding of what makes hits work. It was a lot of fun and I met some great people!"
- Brian Hecht
"I totally recommend it to all songwriters and producers working in pop."
- George Yukhanov
"A brilliant deconstruction of hit songwriting techniques."
- Steve Leslie
"You guys really have something special there."
- Austin Lawrence
“Tons of fantastic tips and information on how to create hit songs! I learned so much! Thank you!”
- Brett Steelhammer
“Took elements I’ve tried to put together on my own through hours and studies, videos, and books, into a straightforward and easily comprehendible manner. THANK YOU!”
- Reanne Howell
“Awesome workshop. I have never seen hit songs broken down in such an accurate and detailed way.”
- Jerome Baylor
“Great event. Would recommend for new and experienced writers.”
- Summer Edeen
“There is so much you don’t know that you don’t know. This workshop helps fill that gap and that knowledge is invaluable.”
- Bryce Dudzinski
“I would recommend this to producers and songwriters to open their mind and improve their way of thinking.”
- Giulio Cercato
TOPICS BEING COVERED
- Current Trends: The state of the mainstream music scene at the compositional level
- Hit Song Structure: The most popular song forms and why they work
- Bookending Techniques: Methods for instantly hooking the listener in and leaving them wanting more
- “D” Sections: What they are, why they’re important, and how to implement them
- Post Choruses: Types, implementation, and why they’re so important
- Infectious Hooks: Types, structure, and development
- Sectional Hybrids: Maximizing impact and engagement by fusing elements from multiple sections into one over-the-top section
- Dynamics: Methods for taking the listener on an exciting and engaging ride
- Genre Fusion: Creating unique and wide-reaching songs
- Hit Song Vocals: Melody, structure, production and duets
- Lyrics: Narrative structure and development
- Clever Elements & WOW Factors: Techniques that put songs over-the-top
By attending this workshop you will gain an in-depth understanding of:
- The what, how, and why behind today’s hits
- What the current state of the mainstream music scene looks like at the compositional level
- Today's hit songwriting trends
- How to write and produce with a hit song mentality
Who will benefit from attending this workshop?
- Songwriters looking to connect with the widest possible audience while remaining true to their own unique vision
- Producers looking to stay on the cutting edge of methods used to shape songs into hits
- A&R and Music Industry Professionals looking to expand their understanding of the latest hit songwriting trends and the what, how, and why behind them
- Instrumentalists who want to cross over to writing and producing popular music